If you are looking to make a shift to make more sales and become known for your brilliance, following are five key steps that you must take:
1. Mindset Shift: You must start with a deep knowing that you are worthy of success and also worthy of being taken seriously as an expert. I am always meeting women who do not take themselves seriously enough or fear how others will perceive them. We all have our own brand of magic–that thing that you do really well and you need to know that you deserve to be highly compensated and valued for it because it can change people’s businesses and lives. Always be the brand.
2. Clear Strategy: You need a good game plan. Often it is not only the actions that determine success–it is how we are taking action that makes the difference. If you find that you are always busy, making a lot of movement but getting very little to no results, it is likely that you are chasing tactics and have not been strategic with your actions.
Everything must have a bigger or deeper purpose. In business, especially when you are looking to build your expert positioning and attract clients, your actions need to be tied to a bigger picture plan. Busy work does not bring more sales. Having a clear strategy, a road-map and taking action from that space will make all the difference.
3. Set Yourself Apart in the Market: There are many other options for what you do in the market and lots of information out there. This is why, more than ever, if you want to drive up sales and get visibility that gets the attention of your ideal clients, you need a powerful distinct brand identity. Your brand does not have to be better. It just has to be different.
Regardless of what industry you are in, there are fundamentals to successful brand building, especially if you are out to become a global authority brand. Your brand identity will give your brand image more meaning, elevating your images and messages to create deeper, more intimate connections that help you convert sales faster.
A story isn’t just a story and there is a way to do it strategically so that you can turn strangers into paying clients with more ease. When you have a clear brand identity, you will not need to be going to every leading coach’s website to see how they did their photos or wrote their message. You will not need someone to give you their template or checklist of what to say or do to connect with clients or be indecisive as to whether that makeover is a good idea. You will be so grounded in your own distinct brand identity, creating those messages, images and even your personal signature style from a more powerful space that reaches into the unconscious mind of prospects and inevitably calling clients who love what you do.
4. Luxurious Brand Image: According to a Boston Group report, nearly $1 trillion dollars were spent on luxury experiences. People are looking for more elevated experiences and your distinct brand identity is key to positioning yourself as a top expert or market leader. But as I mentioned earlier, what will take a brand from just looking luxurious to powerfully connecting with clients is the brand identity.
5. Visibility and Marketing: To attract more paying clients, you need to be seen. There are people out there who are searching for your exact offer; however, they will not be able to find you if your brand is not visible to them.
Now a brand can be visible, but if the brand identity and messaging is off, it is still invisible to the right clients. So visibility starts with getting your strategy right, developing a distinct brand identity that will attract your best clients, creating a brand image that is built on your distinct brand identity and then investing in marketing and public relations.
If you are investing in marketing, funnels and advertising and have not developed steps 1 thru 4 properly, it will all be ineffective. Or it will be effective for some time but not sustainable over the long-run.
Your brand is a whole system. It is not one thing that will bring success. It is doing the right things in the right order–strategically and with greater intention–that will help you stand out, connect, convert and eventually dominate in your niche.
If you would like to learn more about how you can elevate your brand, increase your sales, become more visible and make a bigger impact, schedule a call with me this week.